October saw a delegation consisting of the Mayor, Deputy Mayor, a past Mayor and the Deputy Town Clerk fly to Poland to sign official papers linking the Polish City of Jaworzno with the City of Hereford. The partnership shall be based on enhancing the current cooperation between the cities in the following areas:
- pooling of experience and information concerning mutual competences,
- establishing a basis for cooperation between organisations and communities in both cities,
- participation in events that are important for communities of both cities,
- mutual exchange of groups of children and adolescents,
- development of the small and medium enterprise sector, with particular focus on supporting interactions between entrepreneurs.
Any groups who are interested in exchange visits or projects which may benefit the link should contact the Mayor’s office to register their interest.
Pictured below: Mayor Sue Boulter and the President of Jaworzno: