Hereford Preserving & Cooking Day with Herefordshire Food Alliance
October 14 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Hereford Preserving & Community Cooking Day with Herefordshire Food Alliance
Herefordshire Food Alliance are hoping to prevent surplus food from going to waste by teaming up with food banks and community larders in Hereford and Ledbury to make sure that fresh, nutritious food is going to those that need it most.
Mostly they will be picking apples! on four dates:
- 1 October – Ledbury Picking Day, 11am – 3pm. Sites in and around Ledbury. Meeting point TBC.
- 6 October – Hereford Picking Day, 11am – 3pm. Lower House Farm Herefordshire Wildlife Trust reserve near Cock of Tupsley, HR1 1UT.
- 8 October – Ledbury Preserving and Community Cooking Day, 11am – 3pm. Preserving the harvest for Ledbury Food Bank at Pot and Page Community Hub
- 14 October – Hereford Preserving and Community Cooking Day, 11am – 3pm. The Living Room on Commercial Road.
Lunch will be provided on each day, please bring your own mug for soup on the picking days as they won’t have kitchen facilities available!
Transport to venues:
- Picking days are at rural locations.
- We will be hiring the community bus in Ledbury to go to the picking locations, picking up point TBC.
- Lower House Farm Orchard is accessible by public transport with the 420, 469 and 476 from Hereford bus station stopping at the Cock of Tupsley pub, a 10 minute walk from the orchard. There is also a car park for those coming by car. We are also hoping to hire the Hereford community bus for those without transport and to bring the apples back to the Living Room in the afternoon. We will set off from The Living Room at 10.30.
- The processing days are in central town or city locations and we encourage the use of public transport where possible, however there are large car parks nearby if coming by car.
Please contact Ruth Pullan 07951 399176 or email@example.com to register as a volunteer. We need to know numbers so we can make arrangements for refreshments on each day and to have enough equipment available. Find out more information here https://herefordshirefoodcharter.org.uk/blog