Hereford City Council have awarded a series of grants, £500 each, for street parties taking place in Hereford to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee!
The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations are to take place across the 2nd to the 5th of June, marking the first time ever that a British monarch has reigned for 70 years of service. To commemorate the historic occasion, parties and events will take place up and down the Country, with many taking to the streets to celebrate.
We’ve made sure that Hereford will well and truly be involved in the celebrations, and have provided grants of £500 to community groups and associations to help facilitate these fantastic events. Below, you can see a list of these grants provided, though please be aware that not all of these events are open to the general public as some focus on supporting a specific community.
- St Nicholas Community Association: celebrations for the over 60s on the 2nd of June, starting at 10.30am, with a 2 course lunch at 12.30pm, entertainment, tea and cake at 4pm. On the 5th of June, they will hold a fun-day at Westfailing Street Park, with bouncy castles, afternoon tea, and more, open to the general public.
- Central Tupsley Community Group: a picnic in the park at The Quarry, Tupsley, all day on the 4th of June, with entertainment and food stalls, children’s events, a period tea tent, and more, open to the general public.
- Hunderton Jubilee Street Party: At Charles Witts Avenue, Rogers Avenue, and Lewis Smith Avenue, an enjoyable, safe and inclusive event involving bringing together the families and residents of the community with food and drink.
- Tupsley Whitehouse HUB: Young people, adults with learning disabilities, 16-25 year olds who are neurodivergent, and older people are invited to celebrate through a series of creative writing, drama, visual art and photography workshops, on 1st June 2-4pm. These workshops will lead to an art and writing exhibition in Powerhouse (Maylord Orchards).
- Putson Community Association: A Jubilee Jazz party, with food and licensed bar, ice creams and cakes, fancy dress competition, bouncy castle, entertainment, craft activities, and more, 2pm to 6pm on 5th June at Saxon Hall (Putson Community Centre), tickets available to the general public.
- Grenfell Road Street Party: A party on the street for residents of Grenfell Road, including music, a hog roast, gazebos, a quiz, fancy dress competition, an plenty more, all day on 4th
- Cracked Slipper Company: Young people from the Cracked Slipper Company will work with drama specialists and creative writers to create their own performance celebrating the Platinum Jubilee. Their work will be performed to other young people, and also to older people from Whitehouse HUB.
- Hinton Community Association: Events and activities for local residents and primary school children in the afternoon of 5th June, with food and drinks, a party for all the family, and support for Ukrainian refugees.
- Baysham Street Jubilee Party: A street party for the residents of Baysham Street, including food and drink, general celebrations, and a Jubilee memento for children, on 4th June 10am-9pm.
We’re incredibly proud to support our local communities and see that our City celebrates the Platinum Jubilee in style!