The next medallion bears the emblem of a salmon which was presented by the first woman to be elected Mayor of Hereford, Louise Luard in 1929. Salmon is still a cherished catch on the wye though not at all as abundant as it was in years gone by.
The top row includes a medallion marking the granting of the Freedom of the city to The Kings Shropshire Light Infantry (KSLI) in 1960. Herefordshire has a long association with the KSLI; prior to 1908 the Herefordshire Militia was the 4 Battalion of the KSLI; after 1908 the KSLI administered the newly formed Herefordshire Regiment. The KSLI and The Herefordshire Light Infantry became part of the Light Infantry in 1966 and in 2007 became part of the Rifles. The Rifles are represented in Herefordshire by 3 platoon, A company, 6RIFLES and C (RIFLES) Company Hereford & Worcester Army Cadet force.